Wooden Sandals, how to take care it
Wood is a special material, both for its decorative and original style, and for its maintenance. If you want to prolong the life of wooden sandals, follow our tips on how to take care it.
Therefore, there are several tips we want to give you so that your Claire Charlotte wooden sandal is always well cared for and its durability is much greater.
In addition, the two main features you should know are:
- Pinewood sandals are made of semi-soft wood, because it is light and makes walking easier.
- Our wood is a noble product and to extend its life you must take care of it as much as possible. You will enjoy it longer.
The recommendations to take care and maintain your Claire Charlotte sandals are the following:
- Avoid wetting the sandals. Water and wood, as we know, are rivals due to the deterioration caused by humidity.
- Wax the sandals with natural colorless wax every time you need to store them for a long time. Especially when there are sudden changes in temperature and you have them in your closet or shoe rack. The wax will act as a protector.
- Avoid banging them. Pine wood, for example, is semi-soft and any scratch or impact can mark and break it.
- Avoid the heat and the sun’s rays. Ultraviolet rays damage the cellulose of the wood and make it lose its original color. Therefore, it is better that they are well waxed and stored when you do not use them.
How to take care your wooden sandals with wax
First, make sure the surface is clean and dry. Then, with a soft cloth (better if it is cotton) apply the wax evenly and in circular movements.
Reaching the entire sole, massaging it gently. And finally, in the direction indicated by the grain of the wood.
Then, after drying for about 10 minutes, rub the entire surface with another dry cloth. You will see that the wood will regain its natural shine.
However, if your shoe has been scratched, we can choose a type of wax in the color of the wood and apply it as indicated above to disguise the damaged area.
On the other hand, if you find yourself with a more significant damage, there are several repair waxes in the market that are water resistant and are perfect for small cracks or splinters.
Choose a wax of the same shade as the wood you are going to repair.
Clean and dry the area. Soften the wax by hand and apply a thin layer. Let it dry, and you are ready!
* The repairs of this type of footwear are under the client´s responsibility, since returns are not subject to a bad use of the product, nor bad maintenance.
Please follow the advice explained to always maintain and protect your wooden sandals.
Also, in case of stronger impacts and big cracks, it is advisable to contact a professional who will repair them.
You can even contact us to guide you through the repair. Contact us through our email firstname.lastname@example.org, and through direct chat.
How to clean leather sandals
The design of Claire Charlotte’s clog style sandals is also made of leather, in addition to wood. A high quality material that can also deteriorate over time with wear and tear and possible friction. That’s why we’re going to show you how to clean leather sandals so that you can always wear them well.
Using a special shoe brush, clean the stains with a little neutral soap or cleaning foam. Do it carefully so that it does not get too wet.
Then, remove the soap and let the leather dry well.
Add protective cream specifically for leathers, in neutral color or of the same tone. Apply with a gauze pad in circular movements.
Finally, dry with a cloth and use a shoe brush to rub the area and give it shine. Always take care not to scratch the leather.
In conclusion, we emphasize that good care of the materials will offer increased durability of the product. And therefore, you will enjoy its design and style much longer. In addition, should any doubt that may arise about the care or maintenance of our handmade shoes, we will gladly resolve it.
The Claire Charlotte team, handmade